22 Feb 14: Childhood Dreams

We all had childhood dreams, here is a rundown of mine.

As a child I wanted to be hairdresser, have 3 children, a dog & a nice house.  I've always been non-plussed at the thought of marriage, still am. I also never wanted to drive I always thought I could 'walk everywhere like Nan does' instead.

At 15 I did work experience in a quiet hairdressers. I found it so mindnumbingly boring that I soon changed my mind! 

I don't have any children as yet, not sure if religiously watching One Born Every Minute has put me off for life! :-s

I can't have a dog. :(. I am out the house for 10hours a day (which includes a long commute) & it obviously can't be left for that long. I have looked into doggy day care & a dog walker to let it out daily but the costs really mount up.  I am currently out of options, so it will have to wait until I retire or something. "40 odd years to goooo!" :-/
Meet Marvin (my sisters dog) (below):

With a large amount of determination & saving my partner & I have achieved a nice house. As you will see from some of my other blog posts, we are currently in the process of decorating each room to make the whole house our own.

After I got a good job in an office 8miles from home with no direct bus route I was forced to learn to drive.  It was the push I needed & I am so glad I did learn. My driving instructor was great & she helped me pass the theory & practical tests first time. :)

Comments