Hello Fresh Box Grand Opening

Hi everyone

I thought I would share with you my recent experience of Hello Fresh.  In case you are not familiar with the company here is some background info.  It was started not very long ago by Patrick and some fellow HelloFreshers in his living room.  The aim is to change the way the nation eats as they believe everyone should have access to fresh ingredients and the knowledge to cook them.

I recently received the Center Parcs magazine and in amongst the leaflets that fell out was a £25 voucher for Hello Fresh so I thought I would give it a try as it meant it would only cost £11.  The full cost per week is £36.

There are currently 3 types of boxes available, a Classic box, a veggie box or a family box which feeds 4.

Being a vegetarian I ordered a 'Veggie Box' which contained the ingredients for 3 meals and 2 portions per meal.  You can look on the website to see what the current and upcoming recipes are so that you know you are ordering something that you will enjoy eating.

Whilst ordering I specified where I would like the box to be left on delivery day as I knew I would be at work.  The box was left in the safe place as I requested.  The boxes are specially chilled and when I arrived home the contents were still perfectly cool.

The chilled box

I was so excited to open the box up and check out the ingredients and recipe cards inside.  The ingredients were good quality and seemed very fresh.  The spices and nuts were all measured out for you taking some of the effort out of preparation.

Fresh ingredients inside the box

Envelope containing the recipes

I would not call myself a particularly experienced cook so I was pleased to see 2 of the recipes were skill level 1 and the other was a level 2.  My knife skills are pretty much non existent and I know butternut squash can be little blighters to cut up so I was a little nervous.
Chef-created recipe cards

I will write a further posts on how each of the meals turn out.  Pop back soon to see how I get on!

Follow me on Bloglovin'!

This is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments