Recipe: Peanut Butter Bites

I am the first to admit that I am no baker.  I occasionally try to bake but more often than not it goes wrong in some way. 

I recently baked some Peanut Butter Bites and to my surprise they actually turned out well.  So if I can do them, anyone can!

The recipe makes 8 little bites so it is ideal for 1 or 2 people. I would suggest doubling the ingredients if there are 3 or more people eating them.


8 tbsp Plain flour
2 tbsp Caster sugar
2 tbsp Smooth or crunchy peanut butter
50g Softened butter
1 free range egg yolk
Icing sugar for dusting 

1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the egg yolk, butter, flour, sugar and peanut butter into a bowl and give it a good mix.  It should combine into a smooth dough.
3. Lightly flour your hands, then break off 8 evenly sized pieces of the dough and roll into balls.
4. Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.  Next gently press each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly so they cook evenly.
5. Pop in the oven for 10 mins, or until just turning golden brown.  Keep your eye on them!
6. Once they are baked to perfection lightly dust with icing sugar and store in an airtight container.
Et voila!  I warn you these are so moreish you will need to exercise extreme willpower to not eat them all in one go!

Let me know in the comments below if you give these a go.


Comments