4 Tips to Get Out of Bed Easier Each Morning

I have to get up early (5:10am) for work every weekday and I thought I would share with you my top 4 tips for getting up on time.  I hope that you will find some of the tip useful.

1.  Bed Time


It sounds so obvious but it starts with forcing yourself to go to bed at a reasonable time that allows you to have the amount of sleep that you require.  A colleague goes to bed late every night and gets up early and then sits there yawning and moaning all day about being tired "It is your own fault mate!"

2. Winding Down

It is best to allow time for your mind and body to wind down.  So instead of browsing on your laptop or phone right before bed, allow 30mins of wind down time where you read a book or chill out.


3.  Light Therapy



Try using a wake up light, I have the Lumie IRIS which mimics a gradual sunrise.  I set it for 30mins before my alarm is due to go off.  It gently increases in brightness and this particular one has aromatherapy so releases an uplifting scent (I am currently using pink grapefruit) whilst the sunrise is underway.

4.  Alarm

Set your alarm for a time which allows you a sufficient amount of time to get ready but does not allow you to snooze.

As soon as your alarm does go off get up straight away before you have chance to dwell or realise what you are doing.  Do not press snooze - if you are anything like me then it will make you feel worse and make it even harder to emerge from your pit!

Do you have any top tips for getting out of bed in the mornings?

Kads x

This is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments