My 'Wedding Guest' Outfit

Hi everyone,

After much deliberating over the past few months I have finally got my wedding guest outfit sorted for a family wedding this month.  It is set to be a local and low-key wedding and it is always nice for all the family to have a reason to get together.  As it is wedding season I thought some of you may be interested in seeing the final outfit I decided on.

In dresses I would normally opt for a skater style dress as that is what tends to suit my shape best but I fancied wearing something different so was looking at midi dresses and maxi dresses.  In the end I chose a gorgeous navy and beige dress from New Look from the Laced In Love brand which was the perfect fit when I tried it on.  It normally costs £48.00 but I got 10% off so it was £43.20.

Navy & Beige Maxi Dress

I have included a close up of the top half of the dress (below) which has a cinched in gold and silver embellished waist.  There is a keyhole slit in the middle of the beige part, I know you can't really see that from this photo, its a little more visible when on but nothing too revealing.  The lace sections either side are opaque.


It took me a while to find a bag that I liked to go with the dress.  Ideally I wanted a bag that wasn't only suited to wedding and special occasions, something that I could get some use out of.  So in the end I went for this cream and gold bag from River Island which cost £18.00.

River Island Bag

I searched online and in stores for a smart navy bolero but I just couldn't find what I wanted. In the end I went for this navy stole from Accesorize so that I had a little cover up for my arms in the evening.
Navy stole

My footwear was purchased at the last minute and I went for comfort with a small heel (you can catch a glimpse of them in the pic below).  As much as I love beautiful high heels, I can't walk in them to save my life.  I also don't need the extra height as I am tall. 

Here is how the outfit came together on the day...


Kads Life x

This is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments