Lifestyle Change Intro - Starting Exercise & Getting Fitter

Background
I have been slim for many years and remained the same weight and clothing size.  I am often making small tweaks to my diet to try and make it healthier.  Things like ditching (my beloved) packet of crisp from my lunch box or trying to squeeze an extra piece of my 5 a day in.  I kinda thought if I carried on doing what I was doing then my weight and size would remain.

However...lately my clothes have started to feel really tight.  I have had a good think about my diet and I do not believe that I am eating any more than normal. I did a little research and something that kept cropping up was that age could be the cause.  As the years pass your body, very kindly, decides to gradually turning the muscle you have into fat.  As I approach 30 I have come to the conclusion that this may well be the cause of my weight gain. 
So basically I feel the only way is going to be exercise.  I need to burn calories and tone up my wobbly bits...starting today!

Exercise
Firstly let's be honest I do not enjoy exercise so I know it is going to be a huge challenge to get into it and keep it going. However I have already dusted off the exercise bike and my plan to exercise at LEAST 3 times per week.  I plan to do a mix of the exercise bike, YouTube videos and bike rides.  As I have a full time sedentary job this will be a big step up for me personally!

I have my Elle sport vest top and sports bra at the ready.  I could do with some new bottoms but for now my black joggers will have to do.


Food
I will be tracking what I eat using the My Fitness Pal app, not to count calories as such but to help me think about what I am putting into my body each day and to ensure I am not overeating.  Also, as a vegetarian I like to check I am getting some iron each day so it's good for that as it tracks the nutrients in the food I consume.

Monitoring Progress
I know scales aren't the best thing to go by but mine do measure fat, muscle (amongst other things which is really useful) .  So I plan to weigh myself once a week to see if the fat is dropping and the muscle increasing at all.  I will also be measuring my waist as that is the part where the weight gain really shows.

I will keep you all updated on progress via blog posts.  Feeling very determined - Let's do this!!

If anyone has an exercise tips or are just starting out themselves then please leave a comment below.

This is my own personal opinion and not sponsored in any way.

Comments